Gas & Heating
Gas Safe Heating Engineers in Brighton & Hove area
& throughout Sussex
No Call Out Fees
Gas Registered Installers
Our trained and qualified gas heating engineers can install and repair central heating systems or boilers, our engineers are on the Gas Safe Register, this is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances.
Gas & Heating Services We Offer
- Appliance installation
- Appliance servicing
- Boiler fault finding
- Boiler installs and repairs
- Boiler servicing
- Central heating controls & installations
- Central heating pumps & repairs
- Gas repairs
- Gas testing and certificates
- Immersion heaters
- Landlord gas certificates and safety checks
- Radiator Bleeding and leaks
- Radiator installs
- Radiator leaks
- Radiator noise
- Thermostatic valves
- Power flushes
- Vented and unvented cylinders
Gas Safety Checks
Are you in need of a gas safety check in your home?
Our professional Brighton based gas registered engineers are happy to provide gas safety testing and certification.
The safety measures around gas appliances and fixtures are paramount and as such is part of the law. Ensuring you have gas safety testing and certification by a registered Gas Safe engineer is a must!
Gas Safety Checks Are Required By:
- Housing associations
- Local authorities
- Boarding schools
By maintaining yearly checks with a qualified professional, you can reduce the risk of a serious gas incident. A neglected or poorly serviced gas appliance can put you at risk of gas leaks, explosions, fires and carbon monoxide poisoning, so regular checks and services are incredibly important.
What happens during a gas safety check?
Our friendly gas registered engineers will check all your gas appliances are working safely. A gas safety check should only be completed by a registered engineer and by law, engineers must be Gas Safe Registered.
Our checks include ensuring the following:
• All gas appliances are correctly installed, securely fitted and burning correctly
• Ventilation routes are clear, functioning and correctly sized so harmful gases can leave your home safely
• The appliance is appropriate for the room it is placed in
• All safety devices are working properly
If you have an appliance service, this will include all the checks above as part of the standard safety check and then your engineer will complete a more detailed inspection and test the appliances, including:
• Checking the appliances’ seals and gaskets and inspecting them for signs of distress
• Analysing the combustion exhaust gases to check the appliances burn gas safely
How do I know if there is a problem?
Whilst you shouldn’t wait till there is a major problem for a gas safety check, there are warning signs you can learn to recognise. If you notice any of the below signs, arrange for the appliance to be checked and serviced as soon as possible.
• The gas appliance no longer works properly
• Black or brown marks have begun to appear on or around the appliance
• Instead of a sharp blue flame, it now produces a floppy yellow frame
• The boiler pilot light regularly goes off
• Your windows have increased condensation
What do I do next?
Ideally, you should have the manufacturer’s installation instructions for your gas appliances to check how often a service is recommended. If you can’t find these, it’s well worth starting the process of an annual service so you have consistent records of your gas safety checks.
Even if you are not the homeowner, the gas appliances in your home still needs to be checked annually. If you rent your home, your landlord is responsible for ensuring any gas appliances they own are safety checked once a year by law. You are entitled to request a copy of the Landlord’s Gas Safety Record too for proof any annual checks have taken place.
Don’t hesitate to speak to one of our Gas Safe Registered Engineers if you suspect your safety checks are long overdue or if you have any concerns about your gas appliances.
Customer service is important to us. Most of our work comes through customer referrals. We’re proud of the standard of work we deliver and all our work comes with a minimum six-month guarantee (not insurance backed).