Your landlord’s safety obligations

surveying your property

Your landlord is responsible for ensuring gas safety in your home. All gas appliances provided by the landlord must be correctly maintained and a gas safety check must be carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

The Gas Safe Register is the official list of gas engineers who are qualified to work safely and legally on gas appliances. By law, all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register. It replaced CORGI.

If you are a tenant, always:

Ask for a copy of the landlord’s current gas safety record within 28 days of the check being completed or, if you’re a new tenant, before you move in.
Check the ID card of any gas engineer that comes to do work in your home. The engineer must be Gas Safe registered.
Check the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing, You can find this information on the back of the ID card.
Cooperate with your landlord and let a registered engineer in when a gas safety check or servicing has to be done.
Arrange for any gas appliances you own to be regularly serviced and safety checked every year.
All of the engineers at Bishops are on the Gas Safe Register, so you can feel safe in the knowledge that we are competent and qualified to work safely in your home. To check our registrations details visit or call 0800 408 5500. Our number is 519606.

Gas Safe

If you’d would like more information about Gas Safety, or would like us to check your appliances, please get in touch.

Our Promise

Customer service is important to us. Most of our work comes through customer referrals. We’re proud of the standard of work we deliver and all our work comes with a minimum six-month guarantee (not insurance backed).